Thursday, December 1, 2011

Building a Reprap Prusa Mendel!!!

I had become bored.  After realizing this I decided to build a 3D printer.   This will be both challenging and fun.  Plus extremely frustrating since I possess almost no skills in any field (other than playing video games, which I imagine is not applicable...).  So two days ago I began.  After reviewing all of the printers out there I decided on the Reprap, version Prusa Mendel.  It is the cheapest and easiest to build.  

The next step was to get the parts...  This is terribly difficult.   I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.  Most suppliers are overseas, or in the good ol' USA,  which means shipping is a bitch and I am probably going to get shat on with some crazy import charges.  Seeing as I have no idea what those import charges will be,  I just used shipping charges as my basis for buying the cheapest build possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment